Some people have a Silhouette Cameo
I have my very own personal vinyl cutter.
Her name is Greta and she is one fine vinyl cutter, but she is tough.
You see, when I talk there is a lot of hand waving and excited gesturing. As a matter of fact, truth be told, I am heavy on the exuberance and excitement and light on the follow-through.
For example, I say, “Greta. I need the largest state of Kentucky possible you can create in vinyl. So I can create…..
Greta is not a hand-waver. Greta is not overly, unnecessarily exuberant. Greta is efficient and task-oriented and always follows through. And, of course, the next day a 12″ x 8″ vinyl Kentucky shows up at my house.
“I want to see it when you are through,” says my vinyl cutting task-master.
So I stop my hand-waving, curb my enthusiasm and get to work.
To complete this project I:
(1) Bought two canvases from Hobby Lobby. They came two to a package. I bought long canvases because Kentucky is a long state. People who live in long states or square states might want to take this into account when purchasing canvases from Hobby Lobby.
(2) I applied the vinyl of Kentucky to one canvas.
(3) I applied the outline of the vinyl to another canvas.
(4) I painted the two canvases with leftover paint samples from these projects.
(5) I waited one hour while I watched Project Runway All Stars and bemoaned the fact that Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn are not on the show.
(6) I peeled off the vinyl and debated if I should use them again, realized that Greta might frown on this, and threw the vinyl away except for one corner I saved.
(7) I cut out a star from that little piece of vinyl and added it to the canvas.
(8) Then I hung the canvases on the wall of the playroom at the top of the stairs with thumbtacks.
(9) I called Greta and tell her how wonderful she is and start hand-waving about my next project.
Easy peasy project.
Don’t even think about asking for Greta’s number though….
……it’s under lock and key 🙂
PS Don’t forget about our impossibility challenge. We would love for you to join us. Please note that while I do paint and sand and sew…..baking overwhelms me. See my attempts at homemade bread with all the other “impossibles” at our linky party on January 31.